Microsoft announced that Windows 8 will be launched on October 26th. I still think it will flop. I will stick with MAC until windows 9 comes out.
Last edited by a moderator:
Out of interest, why do you think it will be a flop? Have you tried it yet?
While I agree that is what a lot of people think. I think with a touch screen it would be very good. It makes less use of the mouse and keyboard. I really want to have some kind of touch device linked up to my PC to use metro properly (perhaps as a second screen).Have I tried it yet? I never post an opinion about an OS, or APP, without trying it first. Yes, I was a beta tester for it.
There are two things in that will make it flop. They are:
1) The Metro
2) The loss of the start button
They set it up where you have to go to hot spots on the screen now. And took things out of it. There is already a wave of people saying that they do not like it. If it isn't the biggest flop since ME, I will be very surprised.
:source: Source: Windows Team Blog• August 15th: Developers will be able to download the final version of Windows 8 via your MSDN subscriptions.
• August 15th: IT professionals testing Windows 8 in organizations will be able to access the final version of Windows 8 through your TechNet subscriptions.
• August 16th: Customers with existing Microsoft Software Assurance for Windows will be able to download Windows 8 Enterprise edition through the Volume License Service Center (VLSC), allowing you to test, pilot and begin adopting Windows 8 Enterprise within your organization.
• August 16th: Microsoft Partner Network members will have access to Windows 8.
• August 20th: Microsoft Action Pack Providers (MAPS) receive access to Windows 8.
• September 1st: Volume License customers without Software Assurance will be able to purchase Windows 8 through Microsoft Volume License Resellers.
You might not use a Mac, but you certainly use a MAC address daily.Exactly what I thought
I personally love Windows 8. I guess had I posted the news article, I would have said "I still think Windows 8 will be a big success, and I'll never use a MAC".