Windows 7 Beta 1 Free?

Update? Now how could I miss that? You NEVER install windows as an update !! :p

No!!!!! I upgraded to Win 7 Beta 1. Now the Windows logo comes up on startup but then a blank screen comes up. How do I fix this? (typed from my iTouch :D)

I do not know, I have never used it. But I am guessing that maybe it's because it is either fake, or your pc is not compatible with it, gigabot.

Did you try to add a crack to it or something ? There are times that they will lock it out more than it will help it.

Gigabot: not sure... but i get the feeling you either have two monitors, or it THINKS you have two monitors. try connecting the monitor to the other port on your video card (assuming you have another one). Whenever i install Windows 7, it always seems to have the monitor i DON'T normally use enabled as the primary display.

I have only one monitor. The blank screen is dark blue. Whenever I try Windows rollback option I get the same blank screen. The blank screen also has a blue/white horizontal line on top of monitor.

Here is a picture of how my monitor looks like after the Windows start logo. The safe mode won't work because it says Windows can't install in safe mode.

img6363of7.jpg

How did you start the install ?
I launched Setup.exe from the DVD that I burned the .ISO to and then I chose the upgrade option. It finished doing everything and restarted but then it showed this screen at the end.

hmm, try booting from the cd and installing from scratch.

you would have to try and see if the install recognises an additional installation and asks how you want to deal with it.

use a linux livecd - slax is best option, copy files over to flash drive/key or external hdd and format away and do a clean install

Sweet! Thanks for the Linux live suggestion but I actually inserted the Windows 7 CD and I tried repairing but the setup found nothing wrong but in the restore options it allowed me to browse through my files and choose a restore image (which I had none). Instead I was able to browse to my My Documents folder and copy + paste everything to my flash drive!

Now I'm performing a clean install. :)

So the clean install reached it's last stage and restarted, updated registry, then it finished installing and now it shows that blank screen again!

I said NEVER install windows as an update. Which is what it looks like you did ... Back everything up, then do a clean install.

He tried the clean install, seems there is an issue elsewhere :s

Perhaps wait it out on the blue screen and see if anything happens.

Are you sure your drivers support it?

EP, I waited on the blue screen but after 5 minutes the monitor went to sleep mode but the PC stayed on. I went to safe mode and it said "Preparing your computer for first time use" and then a message came up that said I needed to restart my computer for the setup to continue (outside of safe mode) but when I restarted the same blue screen came up!

Johnny, I think my drivers support it because they supported Vista Premium and Vista Business.

Hopefully if there is nothing that can be done then it can be replicated and fixed during the beta, thats what they are all about after all!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back