Windows 2000 pro password lost...

Hi, a friend of mine using Windows 2000 pro cannot remember his administrator logon password :rolleyes: , does this mean a re-install is needed or is there any way to bypass the logon screen? Any help would be greatly appreciated...Thanks :)

At work we use password changer pro - I forget who made the software "active" something comes to mind but take that with a picnh of salt. The software will allow you to clear the admin password and login.

Our copy boots from a CD.

Cilix

OSNN Junior Addict
You can use either a Knoppix Live Boot CD or Active Password changer which is included on Hiren's Boot CD.

PS: Both of which are free :)

Cilix

OSNN Junior Addict
thats the one! active@ password changer we use at work :) Awsome little app :)
Ive used that thing for quite a while and it works every time. I used to used the Locksmith tool on ERD but it would fail 6 out of 10 times. The new version 3.5 also includes support for Vista.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qotipory