Windows 2000 pro password lost...

Hi, a friend of mine using Windows 2000 pro cannot remember his administrator logon password :rolleyes: , does this mean a re-install is needed or is there any way to bypass the logon screen? Any help would be greatly appreciated...Thanks :)

LordOfLA

Godlike!
At work we use password changer pro - I forget who made the software "active" something comes to mind but take that with a picnh of salt. The software will allow you to clear the admin password and login.

Our copy boots from a CD.

ShepsCrook

Red Sox Fan!
There's also a download somewhere for a Linux boot CD that can change the password. I have one somewhere.

Cilix

OSNN Junior Addict
You can use either a Knoppix Live Boot CD or Active Password changer which is included on Hiren's Boot CD.

PS: Both of which are free :)

LordOfLA

Godlike!
thats the one! active@ password changer we use at work :) Awsome little app :)

Cilix

OSNN Junior Addict
thats the one! active@ password changer we use at work :) Awsome little app :)

Ive used that thing for quite a while and it works every time. I used to used the Locksmith tool on ERD but it would fail 6 out of 10 times. The new version 3.5 also includes support for Vista.

omg its nlm

lvl 17 Hax
I just put on my wizzard cap and cast a lvl 17 hax to the computer and the pass is changed.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.
Terrahertz wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Yo fellas!
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Where are you buddy?
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey EP! All good with me, applying for Microsoft MVP right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by coming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier!
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
EP, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nodee