Winamp 5 Discussion

No SH!T! (check attachment). I think someone either res-hacked this thing or this is truely a v5 release but they forgot to update the fileversion number.The filesizes are different (834 kb for the original 2.95 and 804 kb for the alpha version). And, most importantly, it does has support for freeform skins, so I am not sure with this one....

Yup, I noticed that too, bear in mind that this is a PRE-alpha, it's also un-official.

I think it's legit, there are enough changes to satisfy me :)

But, besides the new preferences interface and the ability to use FreeForm skins, what are the other changes?

So lets hear the good stuff. How does it compare in terms of quality and performance???

Originally posted by SPeedY_B
Just that. do there need to be more?

No, but I thought this featured some more stuff than that. But, like you said, it's a PRE-alpha.

To answer Leedogg's question: It is not 'better' in terms of quality. It may be a little buggy, but I haven't encounted any bugs yet. So you can download it if you want and install it in a seperate folder next to the 'normal' version of Winamp (if you have one). Just give it a try.

hummmm :)

I dig it, seems to work well, listening to Coldplay and it sounds nice. Even turned on the hardware accel. Time will tell and I have the other version still so not loss. There are little things I would love to see but for now like someone said it has enought stuff to play around with :)

ok decided to install it. Wasnt able to destinguish anything in terms of sound quality. w5 uses about 1k more memory though.

w2: 8224 idle 8884 playing

w5: 9680 idle 10,356 playing

Yea, its wa5 alpha then v2.95 which we (or at least I) never saw .. weird .

I had v2.95, was a nice build, but this is an improvement. :)

Im gonna laugh when this turns out to be a backdoor :eek:

oh well, i installed it looks the same and sounds the same.

I tried using the Invicta and MMD3 skins but didn't have any luck. It keeps telling me the skin isn't supported. I hope we get an updated version soon that supports more of the freeform skins.

Great find one this, I've been waiting for a taste of it for so long!

i also really like the 'unistall plugin' option ...that kix ass, cause my winamp at the moment is so bloated from all the old plugins that i never use.

I haven't had any problems with it so far..... I've run skins from both v2 and v3, they all work (except one v3 and one v2). Other than that, I think this is what we've been waiting for. I may be proven wrong.... I think not though.

do you think there is a plugin or somethign that will let you rip cds into mp3s?

Originally posted by Sexo um pato
looking at the link u posted Jewelzz, you gotta love AOL's litigeous attitude towards their customer base's interest in their products!

bloody hell!

:)

I'm using MMD3 fine, great skin.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest forum posts

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
junebutlertd
Back