• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Winamp 5 Beta Discussion

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
Official thread to discuss the Winamp 5 beta.

Looks like some things aren't going to remain free by the time it's out (Screenshot attached.) :confused:

J

jackal_0s

uhh...i like ur avatar... haven't tried winamp5 yet, but I hope it doesn't suck like 3 does...

SPeedY_B

They sold out after v2.65.. to AOL, now AOL are just showing who's in charge. I'm gonna un-install it and just use iTunes anyway :D

I'm sure most people will (yet AGAIN) just stick with version 2.x of winamp anyway.

I applied the Invicta skin and it was slower than it was in winamp3. I guess this brings up the old "it's going to get worse before it gets better" quote. I'm sure it'll be great when it's done, but it still needs some work. *looks up definition of beta* hey whaddaya know? lol

L

lechtard

Originally posted by ketchup=friend
I applied the Invicta skin and it was slower than it was in winamp3. I guess this brings up the old "it's going to get worse before it gets better" quote. I'm sure it'll be great when it's done, but it still needs some work. *looks up definition of beta* hey whaddaya know? lol
Diff skins will cause diff affects, the modern skin uses a lot of resources also - I found that is you shut off visuals it increases the speed, also shut off desktop alpha blending .. that should speed it up a little bit ..

SPeedY_B

CD Ripping doesn't require a licence, burning may, Don't really know.. or care, my primary use for Winamp was for playing media, and it still does that for free. :)

N

nizel

anyone else noticed you can make it transparent ?

right click/window settings/opacity =)

think it only works on the modern skin

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
poordown814