will windows xp save......???

50cal

will windows xp pro save my internet connection and outlook express email settings. if so how do i do it . thanks for your help in advance.
I need to fdisk and start clean but im a rookie so any help would be appriciated.

50cal
squad elite

You can copy your Network Connection setting(s) to disc etc by drag and drop .
In Outlook Xpress go to Tools/ Accounts/Mail/email setting, and choose "Export " and you will be able to send your email settings to any chosen file /disc for backup.
Then of course "import" for its return.

If you are going to start 'clean' everything will be lost. Don't forget your documents & other personal settings. Also make sure you have the necessary drivers. If you have a basic system then the xp disk will likely have them.

Welcome to the forums. :)

hey thanks for the welcome, and thanks for the help . It doesnt really sound to hard to do, so i will give it a try here soon.
Thanks agian.

Hey guys..... I braught him hear. What he wants to do is save all the settings from his computer so when he reinstalls windows he will retain all the settings he had. Is there a fast easy way to do this?

First... Welcome 50Cal...

Second... For what reason do you want to rebuild? You may be able to accomplish what you want another way, unless you just want to clean the whole thing up.

Third... If you want to do it you can use the "File and Settings Transfer Wizard" Start\Programs\Accessories\System Tools\

Good luck!

Originally posted by Ace123
Hey guys..... I braught him hear. What he wants to do is save all the settings from his computer so when he reinstalls windows he will retain all the settings he had. Is there a fast easy way to do this?
The only way to do that is to get everything how you want it after freshly installing xp then make an image. The cheapest way to do that is to use xcopy. It does require dual booting though.

:eek: .......dual booting!!!
what about this transfer settings wizard, i like the sounds of that.
The reason im doing it is i have a new mobo but put the same harddrive in that i had before but it seems to kinda act up now and again. so ace thought that i should reformat and install windows xp pro clean.
any thoughts.........i have a gigabyte mobo, ga-7va.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back