Will This Work...

You should buy at least a DVD-ROM over a standard CD-ROM drive. That way you can copy DVD's without using a cached method.

When you are ready to purchase the flat panels and/or the Logitech diNovo message me. I might be able to help you out.

I'm getting the cd/dvd burner, and I put a normal cdrom, because I'm not sure about the DVD/CD Rom combo drives, I haven't heard much about them.

DVD/CD combo drives work just as well. CD 48X read, 8X DVD read.

No, they only sell CD-RW and DVD+/-RW drives. That's why I bought two 716A's (I'm one of those people that things must match).

It's not that I didn't know it, I just wasen't 100% sure you know.

It's all good B, that's why you ask questions.

Yeah I wasn't trying to be a critic or anything, and as Matt said asking questions is always good going forward too :)

I want to bring up the X-Fi thing again, the X-Fi Fatality is a waste of money. All it has is 64mb of on board ram that creative calls x-ram. In theory its supposed to improve performance, but games have to exclusivly be coded to use it. So far only one game does use it and that is BF2. There is no performance difference between the base model and the gaming model. The front panel is retarded, there are pci bracket solutions that cost less and are more convient. So I still say get the base model and if you need the I/O panel, then look into a pci bracket solution.

http://www.ihda.co.kr/skin/A/goods/productView.php?goo_code=030000006243

I concure. Save the money and go with the base product. The front panel is useless unless you are into audio/video. It'll be a year before games start utilizing the X-Ram (if they ever do) and by then you will be ready to buy the latest and greatest.

Maybe im crazy but why would you buy an expensive sli motherboard and get a graphics card that does not support sli.I would either recomend changing your graphics card to a nvidia or getting a less expensive non sli motherboard.

I have researched, and that motherboard has everything I need which most otherones dont, and the sli is the only extra thing. The price isn't that bad I think.

If you guys are saying that the basic product, wont wreck my gaming experience then I guess I should go with that one.

I used to be a big Nvidia fan, but I wanted to switch over and see what's the big about ATI, and yea.

No I never did, to be honest, I don't really trust anything but ASUS....

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back