Why is it OK to bash the US?

Status
Not open for further replies.
could you imagine what the press would be doing to Clinton if he tried to get away with this?

Dealer come on, water must first get hot before it boils, and it you wait too long it will boil over. I'm going to say this, only because I do honestly believe it, if Mr. Clinton wasn't too busy getting his knob slobbed, he probably would have seen the ever so subtle hints of this terrosism, e.g. an exploding truck in the parking garage of the World Trade center, the USS Cole in the yemen sea, the us embassy in Kenya, and the embassy in Tanzania, etc. He did absolutely nothing in either retailiation or increasing security in response to these attacks. President Bush only seems overzealous in his military actions because he is cleaning up messes made long ago.

Originally posted by j79zlr
Dealer come on, water must first get hot before it boils, and it you wait too long it will boil over. I'm going to say this, only because I do honestly believe it, if Mr. Clinton wasn't too busy getting his knob slobbed, he probably would have seen the ever so subtle hints of this terrosism, e.g. an exploding truck in the parking garage of the World Trade center, the USS Cole in the yemen sea, the us embassy in Kenya, and the embassy in Tanzania, etc. He did absolutely nothing in either retailiation or increasing security in response to these attacks. President Bush only seems overzealous in his military actions because he is cleaning up messes made long ago.

@ the same time bush himself and his team also passed up on various signs... :)

perhaps the CIA should be held accountable for the $2 billion dollars or so that found its way to al-qaeda via pakistan's ISL ?

bush is creating a bigger mess than what we had before... afghanistan is unfinished... iraq is being handled shoddily... perhaps bush should stop flying around for photo-ops and actually meet with some of the tribal leaders from the various ethnicities in Iraq rather than fobbing things off on chalabi...

Maybe if we throw ENOUGH mud at Bush and the US, SOMETHING will stick by golly. (yeah, thats the ticket!) :p

it's pretty hard to through enough mud at someone who lies and forges, and forces his staff to lie and forge

all for the purpose of starting a war.

children die on this behalf, my freinds and neighbors, and the children of people I know are dying every day

for the sake of lies and forgeries

how can you possibly through enough mud at a man like this?

if this story were told in a novel, it would not be believed, it would not sell well, for stretching the truth too far, and critics would say;

"that an american president could do all this, and the public would know, and the media would know, and that neither would press the issues as spoken, and that the man would become popular through his war, and remain popular for the forgeries and lies and treachery...even after his constituants found out about them;"

they would say;

"well, the author asks too much from the reader, for there needs to be some semblance of reality, and americans can not be this easy on such trechery"

this would not beleived even in a novel

let's ask this simple question, even for the supporters of this president;

if he were tried for war crimes on fromt of an impartial panel;

how many think he would survive that test?

if he were brought before an impeachment hearing for what he has done;

how many people think that he would pass that test?

yet the press lets him ride high

Originally posted by kitct
*calls out* More mud men,we need MORE MUD!!! :p

I think all the mud's been used up, Jan. There is no more. People are just going to have to start flinging something else.

:rolleyes:

Here comes a long post (I think), so grab some coke and cake.

Anyways i am from The Netherlands, and not in any way are what i am about to let you read the views or opinions of NTFS.org, or any of its affiliates.

The reason the US gets bashed so much is for its two sided face. The US on one side looks like the good paren that helps their kid out while he is having trouble walking on ice, other other is that parent that will watch, and let the kid figure it on its own.

Here in the US thats where i live, its funny to watch the news, still its all biased towards it being a good war, but as far as i can see its a bad war. Over 300 soldiers died, for a cause that just doesnt make sense.

Overall i guess its good, but the fact that they disobeyed UN orders, the fact that they could get AWAY with it, is what makes it a bad parent. Even being a parent, you do not have the right to send your own children into a mine, and then get them killed. As that is what the gov't is doing.

Why should a big country like the US get away with it, but if i small country like Switzerland or Spain were to stage something like this, they would be expelled from the UN, removed from the board, and have the US come in, and make sure the soldiers will be detained and prosecuted, eventhough their not even theirs, but they do it for UN reasons.

Other countries have to let an international court that can prosecute their countries soldiers, but yet US soldiers can only be tried in US court, and since their actions are good according to the people high in command, they see no reason at all to bring anyone to court. But yet other countries might see this as different, mabey the US is harming POW's.

The US gets away with way to much, id like to see what the UN and the US would do if china were to stage an attack on Israel. The UN would certainly not let China get away with it, and the US would neither, as they are allready way to freaking scared that any country other than them gets any of the countries in the middle east, where all the OIL is from.

Another reason the US is hated is because of its free speech, and freedom. Well let me tell you something, i feel more caged in, and more like someone is shaping my life than in Switzerland or The Netherlands, want to know why? If i really wanted to voice my opinion about the president, i would want to be able to walk up to the gates of the white house and shout: "**** you President Bush, rot in hell", i should be allowed to, but trust me i would be detained faster than a mofo. Another thing about "freedom" is that it gets limited. Our freedom gets limited everytime they add an extra "security" measure at the airports. They do it cause the people are scared, so they take away more of our rights, and add more security, and have our freedom taken away. Its to make the white people feel safe (I am white, so no i am not racist.). The fact is that all this security means i could not carry a dildo with me onboard without someone knowing and possibly even asking about it. Even though its a private thing, something that is in my luggage, its no weapon, they still know you have it, where is my freedom to move around? Where is my freedom to have whatever i want?

Now do not even get me started on more of this freedom crap, i can keep going on about the lovely patriat act, the FBI can search my house (With proper warrants) without me even knowing it. Now last i checked that would be invasion of privacy, but the white americans pussies asked for this patriot act, because they are scared about more 11/9 crap. The fact is, that the gov't not only limits what freedom americans and anyone else that lives in it gets, itsthe fact that things that other people do to try to get this country in a slump are HUGE, and they succeed, we let our rights be taken away, more security at the airports and whatnot.

The US is like Yannis, the two face roman god i think it is. It seems like such a nice country, until you live here, and notice that it has just as many freedom limiting laws as any other countries.

Note: Dont tell me to get the **** out, cause i just applied my first amendment: Free Speech.

Yannis should be Janus

to be proper geekie here is the definition for all from Dictionary.com
Janus

\Ja"nus\, n. [L. See January.] (Rom. Antiq.) A Latin deity represented with two faces looking in opposite directions. Numa is said to have dedicated to Janus the covered passage at Rome, near the Forum, which is usually called the Temple of Janus. This passage was open in war and closed in peace. --Dr. W. Smith.

The name of this poll should be, "Is it OK to bash the U.S. Government?"

Originally posted by Vector
I think all the mud's been used up, Jan. There is no more. People are just going to have to start flinging something else.

:rolleyes:

I think X-istence found some. :p

To many in the world, the US government is seen as a bully or playing 'God' to the rest of the world. The US government and it's agencies need to be a little more careful when they start meddling with other countries. People's lives are affected, especially innocent civilians.

Someone that's dirt poor and barely surviving may not hold resentment towards another country but when a country comes in and bombs the hell out of everything, maybe destroying the things they do have, or inadvertantly killing a loved one, that person can become filled with rage, hate and resentment. They look for a way to get revenge and then you get more and more resistance. Nothing good comes from war, and usually greed is the only reason behind it, no matter what they tell you the reason is to your face. The US's motives for invading Iraq were defintely NOT for the poor guy living in a hut and anyone that believes this are just plain naive and/or brainwashed enough. There's a fine line between being too patriotic and being brainwashed.
People need to question EVERYTHING. For most ,it's too much added stress to do so, so we go on living our shallow pathetic lives, buying our brand name clothing, burying oursleves in whatever entertainment we choose to and ignore the things that really matter in the world.
The only thing people with power want, is more power.

Originally posted by kitct
I think X-istence found some. :p

I had to vent some anger over a lot of topics that i think are just crap about the US.

Take a look at the RIAA, and MPAA, instead of coming up with new ideas to sell music to customers (iTunes is a good example of what to do), they start sueing left and right.

That is not going to gain your trust, and what about those songs i ripped legally off the CD's i own? Am i not allowed to do that anymore?

Also the MPAA, i can not copy my own DVD's anymore as they are copyprotected, and its illegal, well as a matter of fact, i am allowed to make a copy for backup purposes of anything that is my property, thus i should not be sued, or should not have to decrypt the DVD's.

I cant remember the kids name, but i think he is from Sweden or Norway, Jon Johansen i believe, i think he is an hero. He messes with the 600 lb gorrilla, and becomes a hero, he is the one that ultimatley lets us copy DVD's now, and lets us watch them on our linux boxen.

He gets sued over this, and even the people prosecuting dont know what software or algorithm is, so even they are looking around like stupid *******s, but he really showed us that if we want to be free, we have to fight for our freedom, we have to go against those rules of the RIAA, and MPAA, and tell them, either you make the software for Linux, and other OS's other than windows, or we do it.

I paid legally for my WinDVD and my Windows 2k, i am legally allowed to watch DVD's, but only on windows, so why can i not play it on Linux? Its cause it is an OS that is freely available, it would be to much competition, and windows has to be the market leader. Because of this, a lot of products dont work on other operating systems other than Windows, and its a real shame, i paid the royalties, now let me the **** play my DVD's in any way or shape i would like.

X-Istence

As usual the views are all mine, and are not the views of NTFS.org, its members, or any of its affiliates.

/me kicks himself in the had for getting carried away so much

/me goads on x-istence some more

talk about dick cheney and ashcroft... gwan... I know you wanna

:cool:

X-Istence, as sad as it may seem, money makes the world go 'round.
We may spend our hard earned money on software etc... but we don't truely own it. It's more like we've leased it or something.

Guess thats all the mud slingin for tonight folks. Stay tuned though...dont touch that dial (more to come)! ;) :p

the whole justice system in the US and the UK is now geared far too much towards the companies and not the comsumers, the courts should be there to protect the people from the evil things of the world, like over zealous capitalism (RIAA, MPAA and so on)

Originally posted by Kr0m
To many in the world, the US government is seen as a bully or playing 'God' to the rest of the world. The US government and it's agencies need to be a little more careful when they start meddling with other countries. People's lives are affected, especially innocent civilians.

Someone that's dirt poor and barely surviving may not hold resentment towards another country but when a country comes in and bombs the hell out of everything, maybe destroying the things they do have, or inadvertantly killing a loved one, that person can become filled with rage, hate and resentment. They .................this are just plain naive and/or brainwashed enough. There's a fine line between being too patriotic and being brainwashed.
People need to question EVERYTHING. For most ,it's too much ..................matter in the world.
The only thing people with power want, is more power.

There is only 1 big problem with your post.
"People's lives are affected, especially innocent civilians.

Someone that's dirt poor and barely surviving may not hold resentment towards another country but when a country comes in and bombs the hell out of everything, maybe destroying the things they do have, or inadvertantly killing a loved one, that person can become filled with rage, hate and resentment."

There are no Innocent Civilians in IRAQ. Period! Lets get that straight. Iraqies knew the US was comming and was told to get the hell out of the way.

You have 2 types of "civilians". 1) is the type that they are for their government and against the occupation (and fight). 2) are against their government and for the occupation (and get the hell out of the way).

Now Turkey, Syria, Saudi Arabia, hell even Iran, all set up tent cities for the innocent civilians so they would not get caught in the cross fire. Did ANY of them go to these, NO! Anyone who stayed in the "hot zone" has something to lose and is helping Saddam. Therefore the're no longer "innocent civilians".

But alot of you all are right on the whole Iraq deal, the US should have handeled it differntly. We should have gave the damn country 48 hours for all innocent civilians to get the hell out, and then leveled the whole damn country with bombs and been done with it.

The whole damn country is a vietnam senario. That 5 year old kid you just risked your ass to protect...... just picked up an AK and shot you in the back. Anyone who has been to Iraq will agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back