Why 1280x1024?

I dunno if I'm used to it at all, it just looks right, the circles look like circles, in some other resolutions they do not. thats the only means I have of judging wether or not it looks correct really.

Originally posted by HandyBuddy
I'm thinking that the people who have used 1280x1024 are just used to seeing it that way, thus it doesn't appear distorted and 1280x960 does. Personally, I must say that it just makes sense to use a 4:3 ratio on a 4:3 screen. Maybe the solution is to make 5:4 screens? Ahh, but then the letters would look tall and skinny again right? ;)

Yeah damn right that was another of the point i was trying to make :D

Originally posted by HandyBuddy
I'm thinking that the people who have used 1280x1024 are just used to seeing it that way, thus it doesn't appear distorted and 1280x960 does. Personally, I must say that it just makes sense to use a 4:3 ratio on a 4:3 screen. Maybe the solution is to make 5:4 screens? Ahh, but then the letters would look tall and skinny again right? ;)

Yeah damn right that was another of the point i was trying to make :D

I have to agree with blinden...this is going to drive me mad! :confused: I run 1280 x 1024 at home on a 19" Viewsonic CRT and it looks fine. I run 1024 x 768 at work on a 17" Viewsonic CRT and it looks the same. Oh, great, now I'm going to be messing around with my resolutions all day! :p

Lol...it's like ATI vs. NVidia, only quite a bit friendlier :D

I have been using 1280 by 1024 for a while now. And I liked it. But now that I read this forum I changed my Rez to 1280 by 960. And you know what? I like it!!! You guys are right 1280 by 960 looks a lot better then 1280 by 1024! How about that! I have a Sony E540 21''. I will be using 1280 by 960 from now on!

Thanks Love the new Rez!

I might add that in games, 1280x1024 better because higher resolutions will make aliasing far less noticeable with a much lower performance hit than FSAA, so it's definitely an excellent resolution to run.

I've used 1280x1024 on my 19" samsung for almost a year now, and I've never thought it to be strange looking.

My monitor supports 1280x768 (looks awful), 1280x960 (also looks pretty bad) and 1280x1024 (looks the best). I could also use 1600x1200, but only at 75Hz, so I only do this if I really need the space.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest forum posts

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
junebutlertd
Back