• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Which XP start menu do you prefer?

Punkrulz

Somewhat eXPerienced
Doing a little poll about the two start menu's, the one that comes standard with XP, as well as the one that 98/2K used, the classic start...

I personally am a fan of the classic start, but now that I'm using XP themes, to get the most out of it I have to use the standard one. I've never been a fan of it because it seems to be confusing at times, as well as when you start using it you never know where anything is... however I'm hoping I'll be able to get used to it.

So which do you prefer?

zyfos

Resurrected
If you go in there and customize it, you can get the newer Start menu to be quite efficient. Right now, all I have on the right side of the Start menu is My Computer, Control Panel, and Run. It's very small and minimalistic but has exactly what I need and use most.

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Staff member
Political User
I personally have mine as a classic setup..

its not that I dont like the winXP menu...

but the classic is cleaner for me :)

I liek minimalist stuff.. and this is it...

Swi

gningnegneur
definatly the classic one. I even don't use XP themes... classic colors and controls.

Viva grey stuff! :eek:

bloop bloop :rolleyes: :confused: :huh:

sorry, I must leave to take my medecines...

bleep bleep

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
Classic Start Menu for me. I like the XP menu, but I found that when I go to use someone else's machine that I've gotten to used to the huge XP styled menu.
So i use a (rather small) classic menu.

My start menu:

:D

i use XPs menu. I like all the purtty colors. Why pay for something thats just show, if your not going to use it? If you dont use XP Themes and crap, why not ditch it for Win2000?

J

JohnnyGreb

Classic for me. I don't like the "2 column" style of the new one, and have yet to figure out how to get rid of it. And I don't really use themes.

Originally posted by dubstar
i use XPs menu. I like all the purtty colors. Why pay for something thats just show, if your not going to use it? If you dont use XP Themes and crap, why not ditch it for Win2000?
1: because I can get everything I want to work on XP, whereas there's things I can't get to work on 2K (granted it's only a couple things, but it's important).
2: Pay.. oh, well.. nevermind... :p

-Ryandor

W

wolfpac3nWo

i like the compact start menus like leedogg showed... b0sumi and lcd[XP]slim have them as far as I know....

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies