Which is better?

Z

ZipTriX

Building a new pc, and was wondering which DDR Ram is better.

KINGSTON 512MB DDRAM PC2100 ECC CL2.5 or KINGSTON 512MB DDRAM PC2100 NON ECC CL2.5?

Qumahlin

OSNN Veteran Addict
ECC is a little more expensive, you usually only need ECC if you are gonna be a server otherwise you might as well get the non ecc and save some cash

Qumahlin

OSNN Veteran Addict
it's just ram that error checks the data stream as it comes in, but ram errors rarely cause a problem, they are used in server environments because in a server environment you need to meet what is called the seven nine's...which means

99.99999% uptime

Z

ZipTriX

My new pc will be somewhat like a server. :p It'll stay 24/7 (if that is possible) so my family can upload and whatnot on my pc.

Originally posted by ZipTriX
looking at the soyo dragon.

what would you recommend?
oooo, the dragon... GOOD choice man. That sucker rocks. I'll have to go take a look-see at the RAM specs for it. It sports the VIA chipset though, but It's supposed to be one of the best in spite of that. I notice too it doesn't support the newer ATA133 standard, but ATA100 is still damn fast. Let me go take a look and see what I can find.

Z

ZipTriX

I'm assuming that I can use KINGSTON 512MB DDRAM PC2100 NON ECC CL2.5.

Any other motherboards I should look at?

*thinks* here soon they'll have new motherboards that will have 8x agp slots. as soon as i upgrade i'll have a dinosaur....lol

Z

ZipTriX

Cool Cool

Here's my new setup so far.

Soyo Dragon (not the plus)
Athlon XP 2000+ (think Thermaltake Volcano 7)
3 KINGSTON 512MB DDRAM PC2100 NON ECC CL2.5
2 IBM 120 GB 7200 RPM 120GPX
Asus Geforce 3 Ti500 (w/ Thermaltake Crystal Orb)
SB Audigy Platinum w/ S4 Midiland 8200 speakers
Antec SX1240 case (modified)
Network Card and Modem
Yamaha 20x10x40
Liteon 10x DVD
250 MB Zip Drive

Also I have NEVER had a problem with Via, Nvidia and SB like others have. :D

Z

ZipTriX

I think I'm going to get this ram instead.

KINGSTON KVR266X64C25/512 512MB DDR PC2100 - 32x64 NANYA CHIPSET.

B

boxman

Ditch the Thermaltake cooler heard some bad stuff about it. Go with the Thermalright SK-6. Can't say enough about it. :D

Z

ZipTriX

Actually I think I'm going to get the Swiftech MCXC370. Read a review. Said it was a good buy and performs excellent.

H

hnl

be careful with 3 sticks,from what i have read many of the ddr boards get unstable with three mem slots filled,i'd check around first

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut