• Other (Specify in thread)

Votes: 6 10.3%
    Votes: 11 19.0%
  • None

Votes: 1 1.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't use any ATM... But I was usin mIRC... But that was like way back last year, soooo me no usin any.

I use a phone, that's instant. :D

lol...wouldnt the forums be another way of cummincation? I mean alot of us talk to each other thru here.

Gaim on FreeBSD and Gentoo, Trillian Pro on XP. I use Yahoo, MSN, AIM, and ICQ.

its just as instant as anything else...well maybe a few seconds slow but yeah.

I'll agree IRC is anything but dieing .. to say so is just silly. :crosseyed:

SPeedY_B said:
IRC is dead? Don't know where you pulled that ridiculous notion from, however I can inform you that you're quite wrong.

How many people do you know use IRC ?? And name the ones that are not on it to pirate software. I know an umpt number of people who don't even know what IRC is, and the ones that do know only know it for pirating lol .. You don't see it around like you do MSN or AIM. IRC is not used as an everryday chat program ..

Johnny said:
How many people do you know use IRC ?? And name the ones that are not on it to pirate software. I know an umpt number of people who don't even know what IRC is, and the ones that do know only know it for pirating lol .. You don't see it around like you do MSN or AIM. IRC is not used as an everryday chat program ..

irc://irc.squeaknet.net/osnn

Johnny said:

NetRyder said:
32519.gif

:nervous:

Johnny said:
I "know" more people via IRC then I do any other way of "IM" communication. Also the number of people that use IRC for pirate activitys is probably less then or equal to the number of ppl running kazaa while talking to you on IM. ;) It's also all about who you talk to. If you talk to non-computer people of course IRC isn't going to be used, the same way few IRC diehards don't use IM.

My friends who are on IM used IRC before we all got busier. I still go on IRC once in a while since I still manage #cdc on undernet.org and I'm an admin on multiple huge Undernet channels. I still have old acquintances on user-com on Undernet as well that I like to chat with once in a while. I just don't have the time to idle too long anymore. IRC is bigger in some countries than others. I remember living in the Philippines and everyone used IRC ... and still do.

I'm pretty much connected to GameSurge & EnterTheGame networks via IRC 24/7. Often I'll connect to efnet to check on things (my old home).

Under XP,

Miranda, first choice

GAIM, second choice

Under Linux

Just GAIM

At one point or another I have used every other IM apart from Jabber and Trillian - but why have a prococol from the native supplier when you can bundle them all with one?, and as soon as you are using more than one protocal then a GAIM or Miranda (or Trillian) is the only WTG IMHO....

mainframeguy did not restart this thread - The Managment

Last edited by a moderator:
locked.gif

This thread's over a year old now, most people have probably changed their opinion/vote. Start a new thread if you want discussion to take place on this subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back