Which ATI card???

U

Unreal

Hey,

Im planning out on what I am buying for my new computer, which Im going to build next year.

All my previous computers have used nVidia and they have been pretty good, but I want to try ATI this time.

I have been looking at the ATI website at the 9600, 9700 and 9800 ranges and have no idea which one to buy as I have read that they are all good.

I need a 4x AGP card with 128Mb of memory thats £110 or less.

System will be:
Creative® SLiX™ & Audigy™ 2 Package
P4 HT 3.06GHz 533FSB
2x 512Mb DDR200/266/333
120Gb HD @ 7200RPM 8Mb

So which ATI card would be the best?

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Staff member
Political User
Originally posted by Unreal
Hey,

Im planning out on what I am buying for my new computer, which Im going to build next year.

All my previous computers have used nVidia and they have been pretty good, but I want to try ATI this time.

I have been looking at the ATI website at the 9600, 9700 and 9800 ranges and have no idea which one to buy as I have read that they are all good.

I need a 4x AGP card with 128Mb of memory thats £110 or less.

System will be:
Creative® SLiX™ & Audigy™ 2 Package
P4 HT 3.06GHz 533FSB
2x 512Mb DDR200/266/333
120Gb HD @ 7200RPM 8Mb

So which ATI card would be the best?
likely the only card to come near your budget will be the 9600pro...

in the US it retails for around $140 in some places... not sure if the prices will correlate in england though...

D

DeepBlade

which Im going to build next year.
u might as well decide what video card u want 'then', not now..
cause if u buy an ati radeon 9600 then, there might be something else out that's a lot better...

at least that's the way i look at it
i guess u can look at the fact that by then, the price of a 9600 would be a lot lower

coathanger007

Tomorrow Tweaking Today
NVidia and Ati are slugging each other to death. Be patient and the price of current models should fall dramatically in the near future.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut