• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Which 19" flat panel?

So I've found two 19" LCD's I like and can't decide which one is better. One is the AG Neovo F-419, the other is the Dell 1905FP.
Here's the AG Neovo:
http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=238004

and here's the Dell
http://www.pricegrabber.com/search_techspecs_full.php/masterid=5358970#description

Here's the problem I'm having. The Dell claims a 20ms refresh time.. the AG Neovo says 15/10ms (typical). I'm thinking the AG is technically a 25ms refresh and that the 15/10 is rising/falling. I can't tell for sure and I've checked all the specs I could find. I also can't find any reviews on the AG. Most of their other FP's get great reviews, so I would think this one would be decent but I'm unsure. Anyone have any input on either of these? The Dell gets good reviews everywhere I've read so far.

not dell, besides if you look at the specs of each the neovo one has a faster response time, try looking at the nec, viewsonic screens they have good ones too

My budget is $400, so the NEC is out. I really like the Samsung 193p, but it's wayyy out of my price range. Needless to say, I'm skeptical about the Neovo's response time. It says 15/10ms, which leads me to believe it's 15ms rising, 10ms falling (basically 15ms to light up, 10 ms to go dark)... which is a total of 25ms response time, slower than the dell @ 20ms. I can get the Neovo shipped free, so it'll cost a little bit less... but I'm thinking the Dell seems to be better quality overall. I can't find ANYONE who's used the Neovo. The other reason I'm looking at these two is they both have DVI connectors. I want the flexibility of being able to use DVI or VGA. :)

cryogenic said:
My budget is $400, so the NEC is out. I really like the Samsung 193p, but it's wayyy out of my price range. Needless to say, I'm skeptical about the Neovo's response time. It says 15/10ms, which leads me to believe it's 15ms rising, 10ms falling (basically 15ms to light up, 10 ms to go dark)... which is a total of 25ms response time, slower than the dell @ 20ms. I can get the Neovo shipped free, so it'll cost a little bit less... but I'm thinking the Dell seems to be better quality overall. I can't find ANYONE who's used the Neovo. The other reason I'm looking at these two is they both have DVI connectors. I want the flexibility of being able to use DVI or VGA. :)
yea samsung do get quite expensive, so yea i guess the neovo should be good

I'm leaning towards the Dell, actually... I've seen the 17" and the image quality was pretty good. I'm just looking for some input on the Neovo in comparison. I haven't seen anything on it on the web, no reviews, no user reviews, nothing. I've seen some reviews of some other Neovo products and they're generally pretty positive.

Amusingly, the place that had the deal on the Dell ran out.. They only got a total of 4 in and they sold them all.. So I ended up going with the LG Flatron L1910BK. It's a 19" S-IPS panel monitor with a 500:1 contrast ratio and 250cd/m2 brightness. Its response time is 25ms, but from what I can tell with S-IPS, they do 25ms grey-to-grey as opposed to the 120ms grey-grey response time of a typical PVA panel (like the Dell 1905 and the Samsung 193p). The PVA's do 20ms black-to-white but they generally exhibit pretty bad ghosting in games like COD and Doom3 where shifting between shades of grey is the norm. I got it shipped 2-day air for $451.35 all told. I figured it was a pretty good deal. I'll report on it when I get it in. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdawgintown