What's your uptime?

Production Box:
C:\Users\matt>uptime
\\USM-RIDDLEBOX has been up for: 22 day(s), 20 hour(s), 21 minute(s), 56 second(s)

Exchange Server:
C:\Users\matt>uptime usm-fusion
\\usm-fusion has been up for: 22 day(s), 20 hour(s), 43 minute(s), 9 second(s)

Web Server:
matt@unsolvedmedia [~]# uptime
10:03:28 up 39 days, 19:35, 1 user, load average: 1.05, 1.03, 0.98

Holy jesus! You guys have got some long uptimes!! :D

Code:
11:38AM  up 421 days,  6:13, 1 user, load averages: 0.64, 0.65, 0.61
5:38PM  up 33 days,  8:10, 2 users, load averages: 0.17, 0.26, 0.24
9:39AM  up 29 days, 23 mins, 1 user, load averages: 0.06, 0.02, 0.00
12:39:45 up 62 days, 22:03,  1 user,  load average: 0.42, 0.27, 0.22
9:40AM  up 27 days, 56 mins, 3 users, load averages: 0.17, 0.04, 0.01

I wish I had a "server". :( I would have a bit higher uptimes if I hadn't just gotten around to patching, I've had over 30 days on my mini (Mac). :p

I leave my main machine on all the time (I'll maybe hibernate it if I'm going to physically move the box, but that's ir), not so much for uptime, but because it runs Folding@Home. :p (Though I'm on a different team than OSNN... >.>)

I only reboot for windows updates and driver updates.
Except Nero where it feels compelled to reboot 18 times.

I have a Power Edge 2950 Just sitting here to save power. It has 2 800 WATT power supply. I really cant keep that SOB on.. But if I could like my last 500 watt desktop i used like a server it would have 6 months of runtime.. Running VMware server ESX..

As far as the VM Boxes, my Solaris vm would have at most 2 days as I am always playing around with that. Windows 2008 would have 6 month just like the server and running my website. And my ubuntu box would have at least 5 days.

I have some photos of it in the link below
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=4109&l=2516e&id=500488859

i rebooted over the weekend when i was rearranging and reorganizing my pc desk area. so only 3 days of uptime for me. same with my game server pc. usually the only things to turn off either of the PCs is power outages, both will be on for months at a time.

My downstairs PC, running PCLinuxOS, has an uptime of 228 days. It's right by the dining room table so I can surf during supper.

The upstairs PC, running Mandriva Linux, has only been up for 62 days.

The only Windows I have runs in VMWare. It had been running a week, but I rebooted it earlier today.

I use my computer on a resume - work - hibernate/standby basis.
Rarely I shut it off completely (especially for the updates), because it takes more time to boot.

My up time doesn't reflect that I have had to reboot XP for some updates, including SP3.

My rig runs 24/7 and has been running (again sans necessary update reboots) since November. Give or take a few days. Had a HDD problem back then that had me down for a bit. Before that it was, again 24/7. So...
:cool:

My up time doesn't reflect that I have had to reboot XP for some updates, including SP3.

My rig runs 24/7 and has been running (again sans necessary update reboots) since November. Give or take a few days. Had a HDD problem back then that had me down for a bit. Before that it was, again 24/7. So...
:cool:

It's all down to interpretation on the Question. Think most would go with uptime since last reboot or longest ever uptime without rebooting.

It's all down to interpretation on the Question. Think most would go with uptime since last reboot...
Exactly. In fact, non-Microsoft operating systems have a command, uptime, which reports how many days, hours and minutes since the system was booted.

That's how I know that my downstairs PC is now up to 231 days. I had been wanting to reboot it so I can try FreeBSD in the other partition, but I just hate to break the streak.

Only your significant other will REALLY know your uptime.

*runs*

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back