What temp should Athlon XP 2100+ be running at???

D

Dimoe

What temp should Athlon XP 2100+ be running at without any overclocking, with heatsink that it comes with and with 2 case fans (1 intake)???

This it pretty much my cooling concept right now....

As I said earlier I’ll be installing a better heatsink or water cooling once I get money saved up.

I plan on adding an extra (outtake???) fan on top of case.

Placing a filter on front intake fan so I can move my case close to AC duct.

I also plan on placing another case intake fan with filter right above CPU heatsink. Should this be enough???

I'll give you an example,

I have a AMD 1900+ right now at full load it never goes above 46C, the computer is out in the open nothing within 6 inches of it, and nothing above it at all.

Have a Dynatron HSF will go to 7000rpm, but usually set around 5,000rpm, four case fans.

yes it's loud, but 46C at full load is a great temp, I personally would not do the water cooling bit, no need unless you plan on doing some serious overclocking,

This is only my opinion of course, it's your computer, do what you feel is best.

:cool:

The systems I have built that are similar, temp ranges anywhere from 40-50C idle/load.

The faster the processor...the warmer they seem to run.

T-bird 1.4. idles around 47-48. Load around 50-51. I need to move mine out a little to improve that. Ahah. A project for me when I get home today.

Originally posted by xsivforce
T-bird 1.4. idles around 47-48. Load around 50-51. I need to move mine out a little to improve that. Ahah. A project for me when I get home today.

WIth my 2000+ that I just sold, I just left the side of the case off for better air flow.

Ran cooler, but I couldnt stand the noise :rolleyes:

Mine is currently sitting up under my desk. I will move it out today and see how much it drops.

mine runs at 35c no load and about 41c full load ive got the 1800 stock cpu fan and a 5 inch 12,000 rpm case fan blowing on it its sooo tight lol

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back