• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

What is this?

bobsalot

Boooooooooooooooooooom
This 'my computer' banner is stuck on my screen. it doesnt disappear even when i open and close windows on top of it. it is semitransparent, doesnt move and doesnt respond to 'right clicks'. what is it and how do i remove it?

Attachments

madmatt

Bow Down to the King
Political User
I believe it was "left over" and if he refreshed the desktop (F5 or Right Click, Refresh) it would have gone away. It's not necessarily something bad such as malware or a virus.

A program terminated improperly and left that display window in video memory so it kept on displaying. It happens occasionally, not nearly as often as it used to.

Ignore it unless it comes back.

kcnychief

█▄█ ▀█▄ █
Political User
I believe it was "left over" and if he refreshed the desktop (F5 or Right Click, Refresh) it would have gone away. It's not necessarily something bad such as malware or a virus.
I agree, I have had icons get stuck/hung like that before and performing one of those actions usually fix it. I would say definitely not a virus or malware myself

Reboot and see if it fixes it.
Or you could read above and see that he already fixed it by logging off and back on again :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdawgintown