What is the meaning of this Error?

wingman411

OSNN Senior Addict
My son was playing pool on yahoo and all of a sudden the computer just tried to reboot and the speakers just kept clicking. Then I got this full screen of information about software, hardware and drivers. Then this error message.

Stop: 0X000000C5 (0Xc4d32008, 0X00000002, 0X00000000, 0X80533F2A

This is from microsoft.

Error Message: STOP 0x000000C5 DRIVER_CORRUPTED_EXPOOL
The information in this article applies to:
Microsoft Windows 2000 Server
Microsoft Windows 2000 Advanced Server
Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional
Microsoft Windows 2000 Datacenter Server

This article was previously published under Q291810
SYMPTOMS
You may receive the following STOP error message on a blue screen

STOP 0x000000C5 (parameter 1, parameter 2, parameter 3, parameter 4) DRIVER_CORRUPTED_EXPOOL
where parameter 1 is the memory that is referenced, parameter 2 is the internal request level (IRQL), parameter 3 may be a value of 0 (a read operation) or 1 (a write operation), and parameter 4 is the address that referenced memory.
CAUSE
This issue can occur when an attempt to touch invalid memory at a process IRQL that is too high occurs. This is almost always caused by drivers that have corrupted the system pool.
RESOLUTION
To resolve this issue, run the Driver Verifier tool against any new (or suspect) drivers, and if that does not locate the problem, use gflags to turn on the Special Pool feature. For additional information about how to use the Driver Verifier tool, click the article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
244617 Using Driver Verifier to Troubleshoot Drivers in Windows 2000

For additional information about how to use the Special Pool feature to isolate pool damage, click the article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
188831 How to Use the Special Pool Feature to Isolate Pool Damage

if this only happens on java web games, try new video drivers, or don't worry too much if it doesn't return.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back