What is the best..

Originally posted by psx2000
taurus: thanks for the info i plan to order those sticks tonight. You think there is even a chance the mobo might be able to run those sticks of memory even with out having to OC?

Ok thanks for the tips and explain the OC procedure... btw ,

Do you know if anyone is coming out with a 6x or 8x dvd burner ?
Any time soon?
Also would you water cool this computer?
new plextor 8x dvd burner thread a few days ago. and here is a link to the product page.

the motherboard will have a 800mhz fsb and will only be able to run the memory at 400mhz. if you want the memory to run at 500mhz, you'll need to increase the fsb to 1000mhz. this will, of course, also increase your processors clock 20% (3.2ghz will be at 3.84ghz!).

if noise is an issue, water cooling is something to think about. especially if you're going to overclocking. then again, i've never even built a p4 machine so i don't know the heat characteristics first-hand. i hear some people overclocking pretty high and still using the stock heatsink. go with normal air cooling for now and see how it goes.

and you're welcome. :)

I may be late, but i hope not

THe system I'd buy if i had 4grand to spend is

Asus A7n8x deluxe
Amd xp 3200+
256 x 2 corsair xms pc3200
ATI Radeon 9800pro 256mb

FOr the case a good pre watercooled case is the koolance one

Plextor 8x dvdr coming out,but I'd get the pioneer a06
16x Lite-On dvdrom

WD Raptor HD for bootdrive
Seagate 120 gig for storage

n if u need a monitor any monitor that has a refresh rate of 25ms or less is good for gaming in lcd

Thats system i'd get :) if i had 4 grand

btw if u want u can throw some money over here i need a new sata hd and a dvd burner :)

alienware, or get an E-Machine and spend the rest on drugs, then you'll atleast think your in a game. But the 2nd choice is only if you plan on dieing.

I would buy an nforce chipset board a gig of good ram,and a 9800 all in wonder.And of course dont forget the xp 3200
256 megs of vga ram is useless right now for gaming unless u do multiple tasking in photoshop or something

Re: I may be late, but i hope not

Originally posted by Brando457
THe system I'd buy if i had 4grand to spend is

Asus A7n8x deluxe
Amd xp 3200+
256 x 2 corsair xms pc3200
ATI Radeon 9800pro 256mb

FOr the case a good pre watercooled case is the koolance one

Plextor 8x dvdr coming out,but I'd get the pioneer a06
16x Lite-On dvdrom

WD Raptor HD for bootdrive
Seagate 120 gig for storage

n if u need a monitor any monitor that has a refresh rate of 25ms or less is good for gaming in lcd

Thats system i'd get :) if i had 4 grand

btw if u want u can throw some money over here i need a new sata hd and a dvd burner :)

isn't it a fact that intel canterwood chipsets coupled with 'c' version northwoods smack anything from amd in the desktop department silly :)

if one is to build a system now.. canterwood mobo /3.0C is the way to go... else wait till september... athlon 64 drops then... :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back