• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

What is IPC$ share?

I

i_pedal

I ran the M$ Baseline Security app and it said I had a share risk. It said go to the Management control thing and disable the share. So I went to Management control thing and it showed IPC$ but no way to disable it.
Is this a problem? Do I need to disable it. I'm on a lan using XP Home and thought I had no shared files or resources.
thanks,
bill g

O

open_source

IPC$

A resource that shares the named pipes that are essential for communication between programs. You use IPC$ during remote administration of a computer and when you view a computer's shared resources. You cannot delete this resource.

I

i_pedal

Open_Source,
Thanks for clarification. It's kinda confusing when the MS Security thing indicated it should be turned off or deleted.
bill g

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seggar