What is an MIRC script?

Heeter

Overclocked Like A Mother
Hi Guys,

I have been using Mirc6.12 for the last long while. I pretty much only go on mirc to chat on #ntfs and #enyo and #geffy channels. Do I really need a script? I do not know what a script does to Mirc proggy, everything seems to be working fine without one, I guess. Can I create my own server in Mirc? What would I need?

I will always thank Geffy for spending some time with me a while ago showing me how Mirc worked, as I couldn't even open the program before his help. Thanks, Bud.

Heeter

devynal

The Idiot Circus Boy
Do I really need a script?
Nah. A mIRC script is basically an add-on of sorts, to customize commands, make IRC looks pretty, etc -- a custom copy of mIRC or any IRC client, if you will.

Can I create my own server in Mirc? What would I need?
You'd need a pc/server capable of running an IRC daemon (a program you run to host an IRC server).

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
Scripts = God no! They're the scurge of IRC.

Why would you want to run your own IRCd? If you just want your own channel, find a server with services, and simply /join a channel, register it and so forth.

Great source for IRC Help: http://irchelp.org/

vern

Dominus
Political User
Scripts are useful to automate repetitive things. Lots of the scripts for mIRC out there though are just a pile of crap. I've used PnP for a long time. Development for it has stopped, but it's good, simple, and has what I need.

blinden

OSNN Senior Addict
devynal said:
Nah. A mIRC script is basically an add-on of sorts, to customize commands, make IRC looks pretty, etc -- a custom copy of mIRC or any IRC client, if you will.

You'd need a pc/server capable of running an IRC daemon (a program you run to host an IRC server).
I think me means 'server' in the sense of a file server, but i'm not very clear on what he means...

Heeter

Overclocked Like A Mother
I did mean just a file server.

SpeedyB made sense. Not really something I wanna busy myself with right now.

Heeter

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mopiyaloog