• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

What Have I Done :-)

N

NevadaRanger

Ok Help Me Plllease -
I have done something I know not what , when I click on MY COMPUTER - IT SEARCHES AND SEARCHES - and finds nothing - Also - When I go to to system information - it says it can't collect information - I must have hid or changed something - reinstalled - Xp Pro - no fixy - HELP - something stupid I did I'm sure !
Thomas

when you re-installed XP did you do a clean install? as in completely reformatting everything then installing again? Cause with problems like that occuring right after install I can't imagine what might be causing it.

N

NevadaRanger

Well the problem was there before I reinstalled - thought a re-install would correct it - But obviously not !Trying to prevent a Format - buttt - maybe not - really though I think I hid - something and can't find out what - -
But closer to a re-format than I want to be :)
Thomas

L

loppdawg69

i have had something like that happen before...disconnect all drives but your master hard drive and see if anything shows up...i had a bad cdrom that made "My Computer" hate me for a while

Do you have any network drives mapped? Or maybe it's also trying to search on the internet too? Don't know if it would try searching for those, but it's a place to look :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies