• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

What do you think NeT Firewall

kcnychief

█▄█ ▀█▄ █
Political User
Mastershakes said:
I dunno, but I found a copy of it. ;) Doesn't look like anything terribly special. I'm happy with XP's firewall for my home PC.
I agree, pending you are running Windows XP SP2 with a router (typical configuration these days) that firewall is sufficient. No need to shell out extra cash. If you really want to get creative, you should buy a Linksys router and upgrade the firmware or install a Linux equivalent on it. I'm sure other routers out there do it too, I've just only done it on Linksys

Admiral Michael

Michaelsoft Systems CEO
kcnychief said:
I agree, pending you are running Windows XP SP2 with a router (typical configuration these days) that firewall is sufficient. No need to shell out extra cash. If you really want to get creative, you should buy a Linksys router and upgrade the firmware or install a Linux equivalent on it. I'm sure other routers out there do it too, I've just only done it on Linksys
where could I find out more about this firmware?

kcnychief said:

Linky linky linky. yerright. That's exactly what I'm doin. ;) taught me lots of neat stuff that linksys. The firmware upgrades are insane on them... so many features....

kcnychief

█▄█ ▀█▄ █
Political User
Mastershakes said:
Linky linky linky. yerright. That's exactly what I'm doin. ;) taught me lots of neat stuff that linksys. The firmware upgrades are insane on them... so many features....
Yeah it's pretty crazy the difference, however make sure you note that Linksys will not provide technical support. Proceed at your own risk!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loxioalix