• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Weird Windows Bug! Please Help!

T

TBone

Alright, sometimes when I am running Internet Explorer or starting Outlook or just randomally my computer will almost completely stop. I push Ctrl + Alt + Delete (this shot is after closing Internet Explorer) Link To Image (To Big) and it says internet explorer is still running and taking up 50% on my CPU while System is taking up the other 50%, I can't end either task and my copmuter is basically frozen after this happens. I run a full updated version of AVG 7 Pro on a high end computer and also have trojan scanning software, so I'm almost positive its not a virus.

Please help me this is very annoying!

Thanks in advance,
T Bone

Krux

Nissan Powered
1, image is to big needs to be a maximum of 1024x768
2, I don't think there is anything to do cept end the explorer.exe process then start it again

3, I have this same problem after I watch a movie file over the network, cept mine gets to about 150megs to 200megs and I have to end/restart it and it runs fine again.

X-Istence

Political User
Have you tried checking your page file? To see if its big enough? Tried defragging?

And i hate to go there, but possible a reinstall of your OS might help.

Lukas

Real Name No Gimmicks
Just guessing here but...

Do U get anything in your event viewer?
Did u try windows update for a IE patch?

Greetz,

Lukas

coathanger007

Tomorrow Tweaking Today
Is your PC overclocked. I used to have similar problems - overclocking troubleshooting is subtle. Also, I woudn't trust AVG. Avast! Antivirus is freeware, has passed more virus tests and has more features.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ernestrojasn