• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

WaveOut Format not Supported

B

bmxjt

Ok, so I tried installing a different soundcard which ended up not working because XP doesn't havent a current driver for it. While doing so, I disabled the onboard soundcard.

Now I have removed the non-supported soundcard and the onboard soundcard isnt working. I keep getting an error when I try and listen to music which is "WaveOut format no supported"

I went into the sound properties already and enabled the onboard soundcard and rebooted and even tried an XP fix to see if it would correct itself. And no luck.

:blink:

Anyone know of anything else I can try?

B

bmxjt

ok. so, I bought a SBpci128 card, installed it and stillsame problem. So, I said F'it and did a fresh install. Now, it seems fixed however my pc using the onboard soundcard instead of the SB card. But I would rather it use the Sb card. How do I change this?

B

bmxjt

I just went into the audio properties and assigned the sound and recording to the SB card. As far as fixig the error, I had to do a fresh install.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
grovo_test