Wanting a High End Desktop for <£1000

sean.ferguson

OSNN Veteran Addict
If you are looking for a highend desktop with functions such as DVD-RW then this is the way to go, im thinking of getting my self one in the future.

Apple eMac
• 17" CRT
• G4 1.25GHz
• 167MHz System Bus
• 1GB SDRAM DDR333 - 2 DIMMs
• 160GB Ultra ATA drive
• Keyboard & Mouse + Mac OSX
• DVD-R/CD-RW drive
• ATI Radeon 9200 - 32MB DDR
• 10/100BASE-T Ethernet
• 56K internal modem
• Two FireWire 400 ports
• Three USB ports

all for £918.99 inc. VAT

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
One thing I want to say about the eMacs, is that they look so nice :D people think they don't look as good as the iMacs, etc. But they are a really nice machine :)

SPeedY_B

Correct, but what could you really need to add? everything is pretty much there. It's only stupid things like video that can't be upgraded, no real difference from a notebook.

If you really need to you can pop open an eMac and replace almost anything anyway (obviously that's via un-supported methods, and probably voids your warranty, but if your that bothered about upgrading, I'm sure you dont mind)

True. Just something people should know if they feel they might want to upgrade the RAM, HD or video card somewhere down the line.
But it sure is a nice Mac for the price it's offered at.

SPeedY_B

RAM is easily upgradable :)

If you buy the config Sean has recommended though, your getting 1GB which should be plenty for quite a while :)

Tittles

Dabba Dooba
Political User
pshhh...my computer is just as good as that one. I hate buying computers from the stores and all that they have too much stuff in the way to upgrade and all that crap. Plus your ccan build better ones for half the price.

sean.ferguson

OSNN Veteran Addict
make it 3, im not being picky but i would like a dual 2.5 liquid cooled, 2Gb of teh ram, 23" LCD, no 56k, 2 x 250Gb SATA and see if you can find one of those Applecare boxes near the door :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut