[Wanted] Dedicated Server Host

Thanks Lord, but that's part of why I'm going with 1and1, because I want to support it myself.

That's a bit sexy about everything, as I get to learn all the things I haven't done before. I have the option for a server re-image at will, all I need to backup is IIS and that's easy enough :)

If you'll forgive the "blowing my own trumpet". There's coreix.net and dedifast.net too, we're based in london and I'm a support tech.

1and1 is great as long as you dont ever need support.

I have no experience with you guys, so I did not mention you. And you are forgiven for blowing your own trumpet, it sounds nice :p

BTW, your blog is down.

Buy a server from us and stuff :)

Ad for my blog I managed to delete my database backup instead of some other file by mistake! Doh!

I know a guy that did colocation, all he got was a 128 kbit upload on the DSL line they rented from Verizon. He got one power drop, but was allowed any size. He paid quite a bit more than $50, almost $90 a month. Colocation in general is a bad idea, as the host is not allowed to touch your server, and swap hardware out for new hardware, even if you leave some behind as spares. Which means that if something goes wrong, you have to drive out to the Colocation, and fix the problem yourself.
I've heard horror stories too . . . we offer colocation starting around a hundred bucks a month on a 100Mbit line for a 2Mbit connection, you do get charged more if you go above the average usage. The 2Mbit is the average over the entire month with the top 5% filtered out . . . and you don't have to drive anywhere you just file a service request and pay for the server management company's hourly rate. You can get good colocation you just need to know what you're looking for. You should also make sure you're getting a good, redundant connection to top tier carriers (definitely NOT DSL!)

Placed the order with 1and1, just have to wait for all my details to verify so I can get started :D

Got most of it setup by now. Site is up and forum isn't yet, which might not come back.

Seems a bit faster, I'm really impressed. Thanks for all the help and suggestions guys, reps all around :up:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back