• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Voodoo 5 XP game

P

paul_43

Hi all,

I have a voodoo 5 video card and I can't play some games like rainbow 6 all series... is there any patch out there that can fix this problem? thanks.

Cosmin

Graphic Designer
If it's one series game discussion surelly exist a patch .. I've had this AGP VidCard , haven't tried this game with it :( , you should list your drivers also

P

paul_43

I am using the built-in winxp driver, I tried the lastest 3rd party driver also I believe it is 1.09beta ... doesn't work either... there is not original driver for xp from voodoo .... as I know.. they have closed down a long while ago....

P

paul_43

the links you gave me only take me to download the 1.09beta driver I tried... can't play rs6 with that either.. thanks anyway... any other solutions?

E

Emeritus

Unfortunately I agree, you need a new video card. Don't get me wrong, my wife inherited my Voodoo 5 5500. As soon as I upgrade my current card, (GF4 ti4600), she will get it. Prices are dropping rapidly on high end cards, so take a look at whats out there.

I have to agree with G-money. I have a voodoo 4 and had to retire it. The speed and lack of adequate drivers just isn't worth the effort of keeping it alive.

http://www.tomshardware.com/graphic/20030120/index.html

Has a comprehensive list of all video cards available and their relative performance. The bottom of the line cards will at least double your frame rate over the 5500 series. Cost will be in the $50-80 (US) range.

It's time to let go... :huh:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loxioalix