"View New Posts" Search Results

madmatt

Awesome is as awesome does.
Political Access
Probably a dumb question, but I am just curious. This is probably a question only EP can answer.

How does the forum determine which threads have recent enough posts for the 'view new posts' search?

I have noticed that some posts are over five hours old, yet it still appears on the 'view new posts' search results. Is this the same for everyone, or is it just based on which threads/posts I have viewed?

Thanks.

It is based on when you last visited the forum, tho if you visit the forum then are timed out (no longer online) then the new posts will be from that occasion

I think

well yes, obviously xsiv. I was just curious, because sometimes the results will be less, no matter if I have viewed/read those threads/posts, so I was just wondering =)

I think they are time stamped, so after a certain amount of time has elapsed they are over-ridin by a new set of newer posts.

Are we confused yet? :D

I think its based on when you time out.
Old posts are only old if they are new between the time you left and returned. carrot.

yeah EP's right... it logs the time your last session ID times out... then it displays all new posts since then... the 'getnew' function has quite some heavy code behind it... the guys over at vBull pretty good coders.

MdSalih

I never use the logout feature (cookies always keep me logged in). However, if you consider closing IE or leaving xp-erience.org logging out, then nothing changes.

If I leave the site with six pages of 'new posts' and return five minutes later, it still shows six pages of 'new posts'.

As dumb as this topic may be, I was just curious. =]

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back