Video Problem (Friends issue)

Vanquished

Mr. Bananagrabber
Political Access
Hey everyone, my friend has been having this issue with his computer:

"my computer starts up but has no video output. from the sound of the hard drives, the system seems to be intact except that there is absolutely no video output. i have a nvidia 8800 gts. this problem is brand new after replacing the power supply and i'm positive that everything is connected correctly. i've gone through a few psus on the system, the previous one being mistakenly underpowered and blowing after a few minutes, yet the video still worked then. this new psu should be fine. could something have happened that would have damaged the video card? or is this something that is wrong with my mobo/bios setup?"

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot,
Jack

unplug the cable and put in on the other connector, as strange as that sounds i had a similur issue and it would not put out any video until i move the connector over.

Strange i thought so i shut-down pc and move it back, again no video.

Could always remove card, make sure slot is clean, then reseat the card

A common thing I've seen is that people forget to plug the power supply directly into the video card. Newer video cards commonly have a place to plug the power supply directly into them and they won't work without this.

A common thing I've seen is that people forget to plug the power supply directly into the video card. Newer video cards commonly have a place to plug the power supply directly into them and they won't work without this.
Thanks for the replies. All the cables were correctly plugged in, and I lent my friend my video card and still nothing, we've decided it is a failed Mobo. Oh well.

Thanks again,
Jack

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back