User Accounts

U

uabv2

Hi

In win98, I was able to set up user accounts which where completely separate. ie. changes made by one user did not effect the others.

Now I have winxp, desktop themes etc are able to be changed however the desktop icons and start menu change through all users when one of the users installs a game or deletes an Icon.

Is there any adjustments I can make in policies etc to change this??

I have four user accounts (my family)

I am running WinXp Pro

Thanks
Peter

Go to C:\Documents and Settings. There you will find special folders for each user's desktop and startmenu and the corresponding folders for AllUsers. If you wish someting only to be displayed for a special user, drag it from the AllUsers- to the userfolder.

Thanks Yoyo

Will users then be able to make changes to their own start menu and desktop without affesting the others?

The method you described seems to only let me alter them for particular users.

Thanks
Peter

Members online

No members online now.

Latest forum posts

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
junebutlertd
Back