USB2 and Windows XP Problem

A

andywoo1

I am experiencing problems with my USB and Windows XP.

I find, that I can't just plug something into my USB ports, as Windows won't find them, and also that my USB2 does not work at all.

Here is my Device Manager Box (Warning, MASSIVE picture), showing that the driver is not loaded. I am trying to find the driver, but when I get the right one, it still won't work.

I have a feeling my motherboard (MSI 845E Max2-BLR) is dodgy.

andy

I don't have the same motherboard as yourself, but I did have the same problem when I first installed my Asus P3B533 motherboard. I inserted the installation CD that came with the motherboard and it immediately ran the Windows XP USB 2.0 driver installation utility. An addendum in the motherboard manual told me not to reboot the computer until the installation was complete or else I would have problems with all of my USB devices. The installation utility finished but I still had the yellow question mark in my Device Manager. I simply double clicked on the question mark and had Windows look for a driver, found it and then rebooted and now everything works fine. Of course, I only have USB 1.1 devices so I can't take advantage of increase in speed that comes with USB 2.0.

download the drivers

hey andy

u can get the drivers from msi's website

give it a try!!!!!!!! :)

:D :cool:

o0o0o0o0o0o!!

They've changed the site a bit...

That wasn't there last time I looked...

Thanks!

andy

Edit: Fixed! Thanks guys :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back