Urgent help needed! Lost password need help.

go to control panel>user accounts>(click on the admin user) in the top left box there is a text that says prevent a forgotten password it might help, you can do it from your admin computer and use the diskette on the other computer
i haven't tried it on a forgotten password yet

I first wanted to apologize for the late reply and how long it took for me to reply. I been so tied down at work that just now I had the time to sit down and get to a bunch of task I had written down to do.

I wanted to say that I appreciate each and every person that took the time to post. No matter what the end result was I appreciate just the fact you all took the time to post feedback and suggestions. It all went a long way to helping me resolve my problem I had.

Now as to what happened… I was able to recover the account.

Turns out I had 2 accounts USER and CASHIER. Both were admin accounts so I was able to log into my cashier account and use the command line

net user accountname newpassword”

I typed it in all and set the new password and to my amazement it worked. Thank goodness. I told all my friends to start having 2 admin accounts on there computer at work just incase something like this ever happens again its good to know there’s a good back up plan. I am shocked windows would allow this to happen but hey it saved my but. So thank you, I appreciate it.

I also wanted to take the time to thank everyone again, much Mahalo’s (its Hawaiian for thank you). I couldn’t have fixed this problem without you guys. Your vast knowledge of computers never ceases to amaze me.

Take Care,
Homesick1337

P.S Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas

thanks for the update!

you made our day.

this is what we do best and your reply is our reward

cheers!
egghead

this has me worried though. How can I safeguard people from changing my admin password so easily :( ?

delta4s said:
this has me worried though. How can I safeguard people from changing my admin password so easily :( ?
i am unaware of a way. I feel like going into bestbuy or any store that sells computers and change there password on their demo coputers hehe :D

They would probably sell that computer at a discount rather than spending the time to reinstall the os.

one solution is to give users guest access only.

you should be able to disable the net user command for each account using the administration tools in control panel.

select computer management/system tools/local users/users/your account
right click and select properties
select "users cannot change password"
see if that works. Have to test it on the net user command but too lazy right now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back