OSNN Veteran Addict
- 4 Dec 2001
No, Urban Terror is not going retail, but we ARE releasing Urban Terror 4.1 on Saturday, December 22nd.
This release will feature stuff like:
* Working IP ban system
* Duplicate name protection (the trade of is that you can't use spaces in your name anymore though)
* Removal of white skins
* New/updated maps
* Updated UI and default settings
* /rcon players command, returning map/score and per player: name, team, score, ping, IP
Bug fixes, like:
* Fixed hit bug when crouching and moving
* Several spawn locations fixed
* Negev reload exploit fixed
* Power slide physics exploit fixed
* TDM scoreboard not updating fixed
* in-game browser now remembers your sorting preferences
And some tweaks to weapon balance:
* sr8 unzooms when getting hit with significant damage
* spas does less damage and knockback when getting hit by it is lower
* ump does more damage
* psg back to 8 bullets and chest hits bleed out
This will be a big download. There will only be full installers, no update packages. It should be installed to a new/empty directory. You can copy over your old config file afterwards.
Together with the changes to ioUrbanTerror posted earlier, we hope this will become the best and most solid version to date. Discuss it here.
The exact release time is not yet known. But count on somewhere around 19.00 - 24.00 CET (GMT+1). That's somewhere around 10.00 - 15.00 PST or 13.00 - 18.00 EST.
We wish you happy holidays and a great new year!
The Frozen Sand Development Team
PS: Tnx Wolfseye, for the great Urban Terror box art!
**NOTE: This game has a standalone / FREE version now (Q3A no longer needed)**