Ups

F

fleegle

This is a real odd one and if anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated.

I have for since day 1 been running an MGE Eclipse 800 UPS under Windows XP Pro. Then, out of the blue the UPS service has stopped working with the following error:

A system error has occured.

The UPS Service is not configured correctly.

Now, I'm not sure if a file is missing or damaged but it's not the UPS or the UPS software as I've tried both on another machine. Somehow (somewhere) this service has gone pear shaped and I haven't a clue how to fix it. A system restore doesn't work and I flatly refuse to format, just to get it working.

Any help or ideas? Thanks.

scriptasylum

OSNN Senior Addict
Is the UPS Service enabled? Maybe something/somebody accidentally set it to "disabled" or manual?

That happened to me with Diskeeper. It would fail because somehow the service was set to "disabled". Right-clicking it and enabling it did the trick.

Start -> Programs -> Admin Tools ->Services.

You could also get to Admin Tools through the Control Panel.

Glaanieboy

OSNN Veteran Addict
Disable it, restart computer and re-enable it. Maybe the service got messed up (duh!) and this might be the trick of fixin' it.

uninstall any drivers/software for the UPS and disable the service
reboot.
re-enable the service and reinstall any drivers/software

give that a go?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut