upgrading pocketpc 2002 - 2005?

i have a Toshiba e310. yes, it's weak, but i was wondering if it could handle a new operating system. Where would i find out? I've googled and yahoo'd but i guess i'm not being clear enough for it as i keep getting old reviews.

anyone have any idea on how i would go about upgrading too? where can you buy new OS's for PDAs??

madmatt

Bow Down to the King
Political User
Not entirely true. The OS can be upgraded but the manufacturer of the device needs to make a ROM update available. When Windows Mobile 5.0 was announced Dell promised all customers that purchased the Axim v51 that they would get the 5.0 update when it was RTM.

Being that your device is older I doubt Toshiba made a ROM update available that would push it all the way to 5.0. However, there might be an update available for 2003 or 2003 SE. Check Toshiba’s web site.

Furthermore, you cannot purchase Windows Mobile OS. It is only made available via ROM updates from OEM's.

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arrangel