Update on my HP HDX 18t - HELP!

Gigabot

OSNN Senior Addict
About a year and 2 months ago I won an HP HDX 18t from a giveaway that Patrick held here at OSNN. I'm still using that notebook as my main notebook, and love it!!! But today my HP HDX 18t screen started flickering and making some weird noise. I restarted the HP HDX 18t but the screen still keeps flickering and making that weird noise (sort of like the noise your TV makes), even when it is booting! What could be wrong? This is not going to be good because I have a paper due Friday. :(

I also want to take the time to post some feedback about this laptop. The 18" screen is really useful because I can open multiple windows side by side, and complete all my online college assignments. The built-in fingerprint reader is something that I couldn't live without because it remembers my passwords for different sites that require a login (including this one) and allows me to login by just swiping a finger. It's kind of funny, but I don't even know the password to my HP HDX 18t notebook because I've always swiped my finger to login. There are two harddrives in the HP HDX, and I like that because I have Windows Vista Ultimate on one and Windows 7 on the other.

I'm using Windows 7 on the HP HDX 18t and it works great. I definitely wouldn't have been able to get such a good computer if it weren't for Patrick, HP, OSNN moderators/staff, and members like ElementalDragon, binoyxj, Dark Atheist, Bman, failurbydesign, Henyman, lancer, Mizzle, perris, technomom, and Sazar. THANK YOU once again! :)

As a guess the power supply for the backlight/screen is going out. They can be replaced but it sounds ike it's time for a tripto the shop.

Borrow an external monitor and work from that. It might still work even if the screen dies completely. Befoe the screen dies completely Setup the video for the external monitor to take precedence when it is plugged in.

As a guess the power supply for the backlight/screen is going out. They can be replaced but it sounds ike it's time for a tripto the shop.

Borrow an external monitor and work from that. It might still work even if the screen dies completely. Befoe the screen dies completely Setup the video for the external monitor to take precedence when it is plugged in.
Hi LeeJend,

Thanks a lot for this tip! I had an external HP 17" monitor, and I just found out I could plug this into my notebook! It works! Sometimes my HP screen stops flickering, but then the problem occurs again at random times. The flickering never happens on the other monitor, so I'm sure there must be a hardware problem. I talked to HP support and they said that it could take up to $500 for getting this fixed, but why would I pay $500 when I can get another laptop for that much right? For now I'll just stick to an external monitor.

I'm using UltraMon for my dual-monitors setup. It works great! Dual-monitor is a whole new experience. It will definitely help get my work done faster. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back