Update Firefox To 4.0

N

Not Bman

I have a couple of questions.

How stable is 4.0 beta for Firefox? Clearly there are going to be issues, but in terms of every day use, is it fairly ok?

Second, is there any way I can update/upgrade my 3.6.7 to 4.0, or do I have to uninstall, and reinstall?

And yes I know I can run a portable version of 4.0, I don't want that.

I used it for awhile on my computer, the only issue I ran into was the theme I was using didnt look right. As far as the installing goes, it is installed into a different folder than the copy of firefox you are using.

I have a couple of questions.

How stable is 4.0 beta for Firefox? Clearly there are going to be issues, but in terms of every day use, is it fairly ok?

Second, is there any way I can update/upgrade my 3.6.7 to 4.0, or do I have to uninstall, and reinstall?

And yes I know I can run a portable version of 4.0, I don't want that.

It's stable, looks more minimalist, borrowed some things from Opera and Chrome. I used it for a day or two but back with Dev build of Chrome. Speed and minimalism > FF.

And I do think you have to do a clean install. Not sure if you can do an upgrade.

Thanks, though I know what it looks like lol. I am a geek/news/twitter dude. lol

Yea I am waiting for beta 2 or the final release to update.

It's weird the past few years I ain't all that keen on beta versions. Back in the day I was using them all the time, sometimes even alphas and what not.

The only problem I've found using the Firefox betas is that many add on developers wait until the final to update their add ons.

Will the beta 1 update to the beta 2, and will that update to the next beta, and onto the final release. Or is each a separate install?

The only problem I've found using the Firefox betas is that many add on developers wait until the final to update their add ons.

Yup that's why I don't beta firefox anymore. Need my addons to run.

Has anyone had a problem loading gmail in Firefox 4 Beta 2? For me, it hangs at the loading screen. If I switch to basic HTML mode, it loads fine.

Has anyone had a problem loading gmail in Firefox 4 Beta 2? For me, it hangs at the loading screen. If I switch to basic HTML mode, it loads fine.

I didn't have that issue. But I did have an issue where flash from youtube wasn't loading right. Then I have the same issue with 3.6, so it is probably something across the board.

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back