• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Uninstalled StyleXP, successfully patched UXTHEME.DLL, so how do I use visual styles?

J

jww13

I uninstalled StyleXP.

Then I went to http://www.picxel.org/patche.html and followed the instructions (replaced UXTHEME.DLL so now I have UXTHEME.DLL and UXTHEME.PAT in System32 and they are the same size and same date). Then I did a full reboot.

Now after all that, how do I use visual styles or other themes? I downloaded EclipseOSX and extracted it to c:\Windows\Resources\Themes but how do I activate it?

In Desktop Properties, if I go to Appearance, I only have the "Windows XP Style" and "Windows Classic Style" for buttons and such.

If I select the Theme (EclipseOSX) in desktop properties, the preview doesn't look right at all, so I'm afraid to apply it.

thanks a lot!

J

jww13

Well, I just downloaded another theme and installed it, then when the installer was done it opened up the Appearance tab, and voila, all the appearances were listed for all the themes!

I don't know why this fixed it or IF it did (I did a windows update and rebooted so maybe that had something to do with it).

Anyways it works fine now so I'm happy.

Thanks for the info on UXTHEME.DLL though!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies