• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Unable To Connect To XP-erience Chat

I can never connect, I have Java Virtual Machine and the whole pack installed, and I'm not quite sure, is it me doing something wrong, or whatever. Either way, please help. Here is a snap shot of what goes on...

Z

ZipTriX

If you are behind a firewall, you need to open port 113. This will allow for ident to be accessed. Also, but not absolutely sure, since jIRC doesn't haven't ident installed with it, you might need to download ident. Try the attached. Good luck.

Jewelzz

OSNN Godlike Veteran
Did you have both fields filled in? Happen to me as well EP told me to make sure both fields had something in them. Lemme know if that works

Yes, screen name, and full name is always filled in. Say, I put Nick M for both, and it does the same thing. Appears that I have Identd installed; look here...

JJB6486

Retired Mod
Political User
Thats the problem i keep telling [e]-Punk about using the irc.efnet.org random site resolver. It will sometimes bounce to servers that have either limit access by physical locaiton, IP mask, or even country; or limit access to only users with identd (most plain jIRC users dont have a server running identd). I think we should change the menu to only select servers that have open access lines and do not require identd, so that all users can get on.

JJB

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdawgintown