• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

TV-Tuner/Video Capture Card

failurbydesign

music MUSIC music
Political User
I would like one of these in my pc, dont kno wmuch about them but would like to learn. Can i use this if i have direct tv? If i have ine can i watch tv on my pc (with and without recording?).....

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Staff member
Political User
You can use direct TV if you want, you just run it through a single channel and use the box to change channels like on a regular tv.

You can use it to watch tv on your pc as well, recording or not, your call.

Hauppauge and Ati make some of the best tv tuners.

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Staff member
Political User
Depends.

USB means you can use with anything, including notebooks.

PCI typically has more features at cheaper price.

Your call.

Mainframeguy

Debiant by way of Ubuntu
Sazars right - if you want some personal detailed opinions from a UK user - I have Winfast PCI cards (two off) and Haupage USB....

Get back with your needs and any further info you may need... Because what you plan on doing with it affects useage and choice (EG if recording TV in any quantity you'll need plenty HD space....)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loxioalix