• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Try Windows update v5 for free

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political User
(ok not gonna make this thread go off topic, so am writing this in brackets. Don't insult my smods please. They are merely following my instructions, however vague they may be - the thread title was a little off, very hard to read and in my delicate state my ears bleed. Don't discuss it any further in this thread, this thread is for the discussion of the public unveiling of Windows Update 5)

I checked out WU5 when I first started testing SP2, pretty neat, this version of windows update does indeed work with SP1 which is pretty cool, but doesn't offer anything real to download. I am in no real rush to install a beta service pack on a system I consider stable tho, so SP2 will have to wait for now ;)

Xie

- geek -
I checked it out a while ago and now my winupdate defualts to v5 instead of v4 and when it did it erased my list of updates under v4 ... I just use a bookmark to get to v4 now and will wait till after sp2 has been further beta tested (and patched?) by far more ppl as it will be "final" to use v5 again. :)

ming

OSNN Advanced
I've been using the v5 site for about 2-4 weeks now and get the usual v4 downloads on it as I have not opted for it to show me the beta downloads that are available. :D

Howling Wolf

We did not deserve this !
I installed it also, but when searching for updates, it always ends with this code error: 0x80072EFD, I searched for this error, and I found that a rebbot should fix it (with warning for this bug to be fixed in a future update of v5).
I have to trick IE to go back to v4, but if anyone has a solution for v5 to work properly...

L

Lee

Howling Wolf said:
I installed it also, but when searching for updates, it always ends with this code error: 0x80072EFD, I searched for this error, and I found that a rebbot should fix it (with warning for this bug to be fixed in a future update of v5).
I have to trick IE to go back to v4, but if anyone has a solution for v5 to work properly...
Mine worked fine when using it.

However the page has gone a bit gar-gar, odd colours and not as clean as before, so I just went back to v4.

http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/en/default.asp Just added a new globe to start menu and shortcut from link.

Howling Wolf

We did not deserve this !
Thank you for the link, I pasted it in my bookmarks/favorites (won't have to trick IE again :) ), just tweaked it a little though: I replaced /en/ with /fr/, you sure know why I did this ;)
Waiting for v5 final, its link in my start menu will be useless for a while ;)

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loxioalix