Trojan ? or virus ?

T

Tony The Tiger

In my event log the following was displayed:

Source:WinMgmt
Event ID: 63
WARNING: A provider, WMIProv, has been registered in WMI namespace, Root\WMI, to use the LocalSystem account. This account is privileged and the provider may cause a security violation if it does not correectly impersonate user requests,

Another similar warning was about "HiPerfCooker....V1

Soon after reading these warnings I attempted to install a game CD and upon clicking on the .exe icon a window about 95mm x 40mm in size popped up. In the title bar of this window were the words "Ren Sez" and in the window the following message "You EEeediot theese ees NOT CHEECAGO" This message only pops up when accessing the install file of the aforementioned Kids game which has been scanned for malicious files.

Is this a virus or a Trojan Horse programme ? My virus checker (AVG) does not pick anything up and says my system is clean. Likewise my trojan detector (Swat It) I have been on the net to Shields up ! and all ports etc are stealth locked. (xp firewall) I suspect I may have picked up some thing from KaZaa lite. Has anyone any ideas.
:confused:

X

XP Abuser

are both your scanners freeware?
as i suggest getting a proper one as they tend to do a better job than something for free

egghead

Double O Egghead
the problem is with your game

Product Thinkin' Things® Sky Island Mysteries™
Issue Error During Install (Windows(r) XP)
Description During the program installation a message similar to the following appears: "You Eeeediot!! Theese ees NOT Cheecago!!" This typically occurs when installing the program on Windows(r) XP.
Solution This program is not supported on Windows(r) XP.

source
http://www.riverdeep.net/support/faqs/t/thnknthngs4234.jhtml

cheers

egghead

Belko-Mungin

OSNN One Post Wonder
Octopus: Maybe you can explain to me WHY this HiPerfCookeer_v1.0 isssue is smothered on the net. Never seen so much nonsense and poopycock
IE:"it's only a warning, don't worry about it if everything is working fine"
Personally I spent over 60 hours examining the actions of this "TROJAN" (you are the FIRST to be bold enough to say so.... WHY is that?) and this cooker is not valid AT ALL. It logs any user off then "THE" Network AUTHORITY and Local System alter SECURITY, POLICY, LOGON AND FIREWALL setttings. Big ? to all... WHAT

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut