Transmission 0.5

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
Transmission 0.5 is due to be released this weekend, feature's have been frozen and only bug killing and optimisation shall be undertook until the next release.

If you've not used Transmission before, take a look at http://transmission.m0k.org/

If you wish to help squash bugs, then grab a nightly build, or build yourself from SVN (information on both is provided on the Transmission site).

I forgot to try this the last time you posted about it. Have you been using it since then?

2006/02/11: Transmission 0.5 released:
Only uses one port for all torrents
Rewritten choking algorithm
Remembers download and upload sizes from one launch to another
New GTK+ interface
New BeOS interface
OS X: Dock badging
OS X: Shows the file icon in the list
OS X: Shows ratio once download is completed
OS X: Automatic check for update
OS X: Fixes a display bug on Intel Macs
http://transmission.m0k.org/

Have been using this since SPeedY_B recommend it. Really nice, light weight client that does what you need it to. I've even gotten around to compiling my own from SVN. :)

I had it compiling nightly from CVS before the site went down a few weeks ago, never got round to making a script to get the SVN, but there's nightly builds for that anyway :)

SPeedY_B said:
I had it compiling nightly from CVS before the site went down a few weeks ago, never got round to making a script to get the SVN, but there's nightly builds for that anyway :)
Didn't author move project from CVS to SVN after the server crash problem? Also I've noticed the guy doing the nightly builds hasn't put any up in almost a week (pre-0.5).

Yup, the change was made after the crash.

Haven't been monitoring the nightlies recently, just tend to stick with releases.

SPeedY_B said:
Haven't been monitoring the nightlies recently, just tend to stick with releases.
Well, hasn't been anything really changed since 0.5 was released. Looking at changelog shows 1 update.

Xie said:
Well, hasn't been anything really changed since 0.5 was released. Looking at changelog shows 1 update.
1 update that's been checked in at least. there's plenty planned and going on in the forums. :)

SPeedY_B said:
1 update that's been checked in at least. there's plenty planned and going on in the forums. :)
Yeah, have checked the forums and seems like many features are being worked on (DHT, ect.). Oh and seems nightly builds are still being made, they are just above (middle) the other SVN builds for some reason. :)

Due to some issues with Transmission it was banned from a large tracker last night. If this spreads to others it could be bad news.

It's not a big issue. The Oink guys are pretty good, they'll un-ban it once the problem has been resolved.

Personally though, I've not had any over-downloading problems with it.

SPeedY_B said:
It's not a big issue. The Oink guys are pretty good, they'll un-ban it once the problem has been resolved.

Personally though, I've not had any over-downloading problems with it.
Yar, same. I hope it gets sorted soon.

Meh, there's Azureus, Tomato (Urgh!) and the official client to use until it does. Not really a problem.

Only one of those I've used or would consider is AZureus and it pretty much eats my machine alive after a few hours. :(

It's not as bad as it used to be. I'd happily run Azureus on my iBook whilst doing other things.

Just for reference, the problem has been fixed in SVN builds. Oink are unlikely to un-ban the client until 0.6 is out.

Also in SVN is the ability to auto stop when a certain ratio has been reached. Spiffeh :D

SPeedY_B said:
Just for reference, the problem has been fixed in SVN builds. Oink are unlikely to un-ban the client until 0.6 is out.

Also in SVN is the ability to auto stop when a certain ratio has been reached. Spiffeh :D
Yeah this is really nice. Have been checking almost daily since the ban. Both seem to work well for me, can't wait for 0.6 to get the ban lifted.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back