• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Translating Windows

S

SpetzNatz

Does anyone know how to edit the files that are on the Windows XP Pro installation disk? I want to translate Windows XP into another language, and to do that, all I've done before is edit the .dll files in Windows\System32 and so on. But I want to have a translated version on a CD so that when I install and start using it, it's already translated. I used Resource Hacker to edit the .dll files, and I can translate the strings and change the pictures (XP logos etc..).

The files on the CD though, are .DL_ files. Does anyone know how I can edit these or some good program for this stuff? ANYTHING.

Thanks in advance. All help is appreciated. :D

Yeah, you will have to unpack the .DL_ files using Expand.exe (found on the install disk in the i386 folder) then edit them, then repack them using the same utility. Expand.exe is a DOS prompt programme, and I suggest you firstly do a "Expand.exe ?" to bring up the help / syntax listing.
Hope this is of some help

TOK:)

S

SpetzNatz

How do you exactly go about doing this?

How do you exactly do this with the Expand.exe?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loxioalix