TPB raided by police

Zedric

NTFS Guru
On May 31st, police raided the offices of The Pirate Bay, one of the world's largest BitTorrent sites.

Servers connected to the site have been impounded and the site was down on Wednesday afternoon, although the operators of The Pirate Bay have set up a temporary website to provide updates on the situation.

Some fifty policemen and women were involved in raids on ten homes and offices in Sweden.

The three men taken in by police were still being questioned on Wednesday afternoon. They all have links to The Pirate Bay. Prosecutors will decide whether to detain the men after they have been questioned.

But Tobias Andersson at pressure group Piratbyrån (The Pirate Bureau), which founded The Pirate Bay, stressed that there was no copyright-protected material on the servers.

“The Anti-Pirate Bureau has clearly misled the police in this case, “ said Andersson.

“They appear to have persuaded police who are incompetent in IT that the servers in question are full of copyright-protected material. This is a gross misuse of taxpayers’ money.”

Andersson also condemned the fact that police had closed down a number of other websites, including The Pirate Bureau, which he says is no longer officially linked to the Pirate Bay.

“This is the greatest infringement. The Anti-Pirate Bureau has clearly fooled the police into closing down its antagonists, The Pirate Bureau.”

Full story: http://www.thelocal.se/article.php?ID=3955&date=20060531

I don't think this one will stick. No earlier legal threats have led to anything. The fact that they closed down the Pirate Bureau is just sad. It's a site for debate, nothing else.

Now where will I get my pr0n... :dead:

yay, politics :p

They'll be back in about two months I reckon. It's not the end of the world, it's just unlucky for whoever all of TPB's users hit next (TPB has been known to peak at 2,000 HTTP requests per second. hehe).

1250860190196939232_rs.jpg

Bless 'em. :D

Well some of do & some of you don't know, it is election year in Sweden.

I expect some people will be voting differently now as they have realised that Sweden is becoming a Police state just like the UK!

Aye, whar be the bloody ser'ers you scalwags.
Ye'll ne'er get me buried booty!

OH NO!!!! Now where will I go for torrents ... oh wait. Nevemind.

Yea i saw that lasy night, kinda sad, but they are smart and if they can get back up with no problems more power to them...

Sazar said:
Works fine for me :devious:

Maybe it's coz you has a mac eh?

:lick:

I keeed, I keeed !!!
That must be it. Curses! Quick... to the XP cave.

If it was a hoax then they just generated alot of free publicity lol..

This is the part I like about the press release -

The MPAA whores living off other people's talent said:
The major motion picture studios lost an estimated $6.1 billion to piracy in 2005. Internet
piracy alone cost the studios $2.3 billion.

Where the f&%k do they get these numbers? Do they have any idea how many movies I would have never paid to see? I would have happily awaited them on DVD, and rented it for 1$ (yes, that's how much I pay for rentals) - When the movie is absolute crap - I return it within the hour and get my dollar back.

Anyways, rant's over, I'm sure some of you can relate to this.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back