top degrees/jobs in the US.

I seem to remember 1972, counting the number of seconds up, also not January 1, but some odd day...

Only thing, I don't have my compiler installed to check it again. This is the specific line of code we were using in a program I had to write for a C programming class:

srand ( (unsigned) time ((time_t *) NULL)); /*Formula provided by user*/

On search online, it does suggest January 1970, (I'd have to double check with my compiler's internal documentation to see if this agrees, I seem to remember something dif printed in there), but on the dates something online suggests this:

http://pw1.netcom.com/~rogermw/Y2038.html

By the year 2038, the time_t representation for the current time will be over 2 140 000 000. And that's the problem. A modern 32-bit computer stores a "signed integer" data type, such as time_t, in 32 bits. The first of these bits is used for the positive/negative sign of the integer, while the remaining 31 bits are used to store the number itself. The highest number these 31 data bits can store works out to exactly 2 147 483 647. A time_t value of this exact number, 2 147 483 647, represents January 19, 2038, at 7 seconds past 3:14 AM Greenwich Mean Time. So, at 3:14:07 AM GMT on that fateful day, every time_t used in a 32-bit C or C++ program will reach its upper limit.

One second later, on 19-January-2038 at 3:14:08 AM GMT, disaster strikes.

Signed integers stored in a computer don't behave exactly like an automobile's odometer. When a 5-digit odometer reaches 99 999 miles, and then the driver goes one extra mile, the digits all "turn over" to 00000. But when a signed integer reaches its maximum value and then gets incremented, it wraps around to its lowest possible negative value. (The reasons for this have to do with a binary notation called "two's complement"; I won't bore you with the details here.) This means a 32-bit signed integer, such as a time_t, set to its maximum value of 2 147 483 647 and then incremented by 1, will become -2 147 483 648. Note that "-" sign at the beginning of this large number. A time_t value of -2 147 483 648 would represent December 13, 1901 at 8:45:52 PM GMT.

i hope ur kidding about that whole job thing cuz those engineers can't find jobs at all. same with accounting cuz thats what my mom got in her degree in. the best and most secure position is in the medical field :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back