• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

to vent or not to vent...

apu95

Caffeine-->Code Converter
i changed my case a while ago (since the PSU was dying and the air flow really sucked...) so, to save some of that loss, i removed the PSU's fan (a relatively big one at that). anyways, i decided to put that fan inside my case as well, so the air flow will be even more better. anyways, i wanna know, is it possible to connect the fan to the connnector shown in the image?

im showing the connector the fan has (both views) and the connector on my mobo.

ps: i looked at my mobo and the connector seems to fit in the mobo, but in the manual, it says that that connector is the "Internal MODEM wake-up".

is it possible for me to connect the fan?

thanks, Apu

No don't connect the fan there! Just because the connector is the same doesn't mean it's ok. Find out if the fan is 12 V or 5 V. If it's 12 V you could connect it to CHA FAN* (a.k.a System Fan) or PWR FAN* (a.k.a Power Fan) if you get a new connector for the cable. Also, make sure you know what you're doing.

*These connectors may be called FAN2 and FAN3 or something else, they're called CHA and PWR on my system.

Yeah I know a guy who put the Wake On LAN cable into the PWR FAN connector. *FRY*

He didn't know what he was doing either. ;)

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seggar