• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Thermal sensor wire broken...

D

Dimoe

Hey all
Does anyone know if I can buy some special wire at some hardware store that I can place at the end of my thermal sensor wire???

The actual device works, it just the wire it messed up at the end. It’s covered in some type of plastic, so I can't just put it back together; I need to replace the entire end part of the wire.

Here is a pic:

Or should I just replace this entire sensor???

D

dejav00

I'd replace the whole thing if you can...if you find a way to put it back together there may be to much resistance between the sensor and the wire for it to do any good.

D

Dimoe

I would but...

I would replace the entire thing but, this little sensor came with my case. Does anyone know if these little devices are common??? I'v seen similar sensors built into other thermal sensing hardware. So do computer stores happen to carry replacement parts??? If not, what about the wire...

D

Dimoe

If you look at the little picture of my case on the right hand side, the themal sensor is built into that little round silver thing right under floppy drive. It comes out if you take the front panel off.

Get some wire similar to the one you have now. It's not very critical. After that a little carful soldering should do the trick. Then isolate the solderings and voila!

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dixoncarry