The Windows System Image Backup defaults too many drives?

BlackScarletLove

I am trying to use the Windows System Image tool to create a backup image of my system drive in case something messes up so I wouldn't have to completely reinstall but I could just restore this backup, but there is a problem. When choosing what drives to include, Windows makes system drives mandatory. This would be understandable if it limits it to the C drive on my windows 7 system, but I have a dual boot system, so it has made my XP system drive mandatory too, and I only want to backup my W7 C drive. As you can see, I can't unclick it. How can I only backup the W7 C drive without the XP drive?

ydi8.png

Not possible as the boot manager and other boot files are most likely located on the XP partition.

I dual boot 7 and XP too.

The boot files are hidden but I bet they are on your XP partition.

Attachments

• boot.JPG
    boot.JPG
    10.6 KB · Views: 161
Not possible as the boot manager and other boot files are most likely located on the XP partition.

I dual boot 7 and XP too.

The boot files are hidden but I bet they are on your XP partition.

so if I find these files on my xp partition I could rename them and render them invisible, therefore fooling win7 to thinking it is not a system drive? do you know of a likely path?

so if I find these files on my xp partition I could rename them and render them invisible, therefore fooling win7 to thinking it is not a system drive? do you know of a likely path?

No, windows 7 needs those files to boot properly..

If they are not on the drive which is booting (win7) why does it need them?
so you're saying there is not way to do this. Do you recommend an equivalent software that I could use instead?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back